I know how this bit goes...

It has begun... although to be fair it started in July, but I am having difficulty getting back into the swing of blogging.  Either way, we are going to pretend that it started here and now... my 2019 Cosplay Halloween greatness!!!



I am not blind without my glasses.  However, I enjoy activities a lot more when I can see what's going on, thus my first hurdle.



I found the perfect pair of glasses on sale for the perfect price of $5!!  Now, I know I can't have prescription lens put into a cheap frame like this, but I still want to see.



I found a pair of glasses I never wore, luckily they were wire frames, and popped the lens out.  Next, I glued the lens to the inside of the plastic heart frames, another stroke of luck they were wide enough!  Let the glue cure overnight and presto I have a pair of glasses I can see through!



For the final touch, I added red gemstones!



Now they are worthy enough to be part of an Elton John themed cosplay.

From here I have to make the suit (it's going to be a dress), the horns, the wings and figures out shoes/jewelry.

It's going to be a wild ride!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember, kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

You may have won this time, but I'll be back!

Fun Fact and Photography - Leopard Slugs mate upside down because they need gravity to help with the deployment of their appendage